This blog is dedicated to books that I have read and reviewed (sometimes at the request of the author and/or publisher) OR that I have read on my own and want to share with you. Author interviews are also included. Enjoy!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Singleness of Purpose - A blog just for BOOKS!

Hey, fellow book-lovers ~

      I decided I'm so random and eclectic that maybe I could create the appearance of being organized by at least keeping my blogs on topic (somewhat, anyway). This blog will focus on books that I read and review, either at the request of an author and/or their publisher OR by my own choosing ... as well as a place where I can post author interviews.


      Now, anyone who has been to my house knows that I OWN THOUSANDS of books (that's no misprint). But I'm in good company, Thomas Jefferson owned thousands of books as did many of my other heroes. Sadly, some are just boxed away. Clearly, I can't begin to post a review of every book I have ever read (or even the ones I'm reading these days), BUT I hope to post reviews on most of the books I read currently from this point on. As time and interest (MY interest) allow, I may post reviews on books I've read previously.

      As the "disclaimer" I posted explains:
Some of the books I review are given to me by the author or the publisher, some I have purchased myself, some I get at the library. All books, regardless of how I came to read them, get my honest opinion. Just thought you might like to know. I also reserve the right to simply not post a review if I think the book is not worthy of your time because I respect your time and sensibilities and I do not want to discourage a new author whose work needs some polish before we suggest it to others.

     I'm going to start out by re-posting a book review I did on my personal blog in March of 2009: A Mighty Heart: The Brave Life And Death Of My Husband, Danny Pearl by Mariane Pearl ~ it's one I really liked and it's already written up! This way I can get the blog up and running.

      Then I'll post the Christmas one I did LAST year and the next one you will see is going to be brand new - I've got three I'm reviewing right away. I hope you enjoy them! And feel free to become a "follower." :)

4 comments:

  1. I like this blog format, Stephanie. It's very cozy. I like books, too. I can't say I have thousands, but I can say (comfortably) that I have at least a thousand books. Most of them are stored away in boxes; our little house doesn't have the shelf space for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea Stephanie! It is always fun to be able to pursue what we are passionate about. I bet this will be great fun for you and very useful and enjoyable to others.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Stephanie. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Stephanie. Let me know when you have the time and I'll get you a copy of Save the Child if you would like to review it here. I look forward to your posts.
    Margaret Turley

    ReplyDelete